Monday, February 21, 2011

Sewing Machine Set Backs

I realize now more than ever that starting a new business is painfully slow. At least this has been my experience thus far. My goal for the moment is to save the necessary funds to get into the local farmer's market. I feel like once I have that niche, my business will start to ride a bit smoother. But as we all know life happens and in the middle of building some inventory, my machine went on the fritz and landed in the shop, halting inventory production completely for at least two weeks. Even though the machine is only a few years old, it's a cheaper model and the demands I put on it wears it down pretty quickly. So in the meantime I wait to sew but move on to the next idea, writing, crocheting and knitting along the way...

I am spending some time on the computer trying to figure out how to build a website separate from Facebook and Esty, but my computer is slower than stalagmite growth and my patients for technology is wearing thin... I seariously haven't been 'away' from technology (other than google, e-mail and Facebook) for more than a few years and I feel like I've had my head in a cave all my life. It boggles my mind how fast technology progresses!! But I digress...

My next idea involves specialty food and a lot of experimenting. Last night was less than successful and even though the girls and Erick didn't mind because the outcome was eatable (just unsaleable), I'm not sure if my waistline will hold up to this challenge I have given myself!!

Speaking of... Vancouver Marathon training starts this week and even though I am pulling back and only running a half marathon, the running will be a nice distraction from the lack of movement in my other endeavors.

1 comment:

kyersten said...

I love reading your blog! Sorry about your machine, hope it gets fixed soon. Good Luck with the half marathon, I'm inspired to start running again.