Friday, January 18, 2013

Glutton Detox



I’m not sure there is a lot of difference between a drug detox and a bad food/sedentary life style detox.  I have never been addicted to drugs, but from what I have read and seen, I imagine that it’s similar in that your body goes into a bit of a shock and you feel sick.  Today I have a pressing head ache and my body is also achy.  It doesn’t help that I have cut my coffee from an unprecedented amount to simply two cups.  No wonder it’s hard to stick to the beginning stages of “diet and exercise”.   Who the hell wants this?  It’s hard to see it getting better, but I’ve been here before so I know it will (as I think to myself, “why did I let it get back to this point again?!” *deep breath*)

Today was my first day back in the gym and for a little motivation I made Erick tag along with the lure of Racket ball.  I was really hoping he would fall in love with the gym as I have and want to join with me… but, my husband isn’t that guy.  I really don’t blame him.  Many men need the gym to get themselves feeling manly.  Let’s face it, I’m there to feel more womanly; but my husband doesn’t need the gym when he has an amazing confidence backed by some serious martial arts skills.  Which, by the way, were dialed in yesterday when our neighbor thought someone might have broken into her house and she called Erick to check the place out… let’s just say that was hotter than any muscle man at the gym….  But I digress…

What was I writing about?  Oh yeah, detox… 

Well with the Racket Ball and some running afterward, I think I truly felt REAL hunger for the first time in a long time.  For people reading this that never have struggled with their weight this seems odd, but it’s regrettably true.  So I ate and I ate healthy.  I am not for the body cleansing that has swarmed the market.  I’ve done these… the one where you drink a mix of lemonade, cayenne pepper and honey, to where you juice everything and drink your calories.  I love fresh juice and surprisingly I still love lemonade, but all I’ve come away with these “cleansings” is over eating because I missed eating so much.  All in all I think this journey is about finding what works for you without being extreme, because that never works!

No comments: